Sunday, January 16, 2011

* snippet *

Just a quick peek at what I'm working on for chapter 18. Yes, already in Chapter 18. This story is going to be longer than Set You Free, by God! With these three? This is proving to be a little bit more than a difficult task. See if you can understand why! Damn triangle of power. The TriForce. ;)

Joe had already greeted Layla with a hug when Kristi approached them, fumbling to get her keys into her purse.
“I always love when I get to see you out of the house on a work day,” he said and embraced her. “Always feels like I’m having an affair with some big, important business executive.”
Kristi narrowed her eyes and started to speak, “I am, well, sort of a big, important busi-.”
“So, Joe,” Layla said as she took his hand from Kristi’s hip. “Where do you want to eat?”
I think math club dork was just demoted to chess club. Please don’t put me in the Star Wars club, you filthy rich bitch, Kristi thought as she chewed her lip and wobbled on a heel.
“You know what?” Joe said with a sparkle in his eye as he looked at Layla. “Maybe we should just hang out here. I can order something.”
“Kristi?” Layla said, still keeping her eyes locked with Joe’s. “What do you think Joe wants to eat?”
“I have an idea,” she joked and pinched Joe’s side. Her joke was ignored and he answered for her.
“I wouldn’t mind The Habit,” he said and then turned to Kristi. “You fly, I buy.”
“Oh, Joe,” she pulled at the pocket she knew held the ruby. “Maybe I don’t want to be the one running to-.”
“Go run and get something,” Layla ordered Kristi.
“Well,” Joe said to Layla. “She doesn’t really have to if she doesn’t want to.”
Kristi stood with her hand out to Joe, “Give me money and I’ll fucking go.”
“Don’t talk to him like that,” Layla interjected.
“She can talk to me how ever she wants.”
“And I will,” Kristi finished as she grabbed the money from Joe’s hand.


1 comments:

deb's 'verse said...

wow! it's gettin' THICK! can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Post a Comment