Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thoughts I had while working

So, I'm working and processing these request forms. A song comes on my Zune and a spark ignites a flame in my head.

The end of the Freaky Saga is as almost as well as written down on paper. I got it. I got the end. I got how I'm going to get there (although every thing in between is undetermined). I knew I wanted it to go this direction but I wasn't exactly sure of the path.

Now I am. And I'm crying.

It's over. At the end of this story, it's going to be over. It will be well over two years since I started writing it when I finish it. But just thinking about the ending? Makes my heart explode. This is my baby. This has been the focus of my free time (from work, friends, family, whatever) for so long. It's a piece of me and I love it. And knowing that I have finally come to the correct conclusion and all it's waiting for is for me to write it? It hurts. I'm sure you guys will enjoy it but at the same time, I don't want it over.

There will be a sequel to the whole saga but it will be a little bit different. The saga won't continue but it will be it's own stand alone story. Same characters however a TON of new ones (to fit in those that have asked to be in a story :) ), new drama. There will be, of course, references to the old stories. But you will not have to have read the Freaky Saga to read this. It'll be stand alone. I'm not even sure if it will go beyond just one 200 page book. (But you know me, I can ramble on and on).

Back to my point. I love this story. It's my heart. I'm so glad that so many of you have embraced it and respected it :) I've drawn from real life, real situations, real feelings, real emotions. This story is ME. Not necessarily my LIFE but ME.

And again..... I THANK YOU :)

3 comments:

Sarah G. said...

*sniffle* Awwwww!!! Seriously, we should be thanking YOU!!! And, I personally should be thanking the Twitter Gods for making me stumble across your profile...and, also your writingz. :)

I too am beyond sad that the Freaky Saga is quickly coming to an end. But, you know what? The reason that books have forever been among my most cherished possessions is that once something gets put onto a page, it lives FOREVER. I can read something, and it completely transports me. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me feel. And then *anytime* I want to, I can go back, read it again, and feel that same way. That's priceless. :)

Your stories, and your talent are gonna live on....always. WE are going to read and re-read them....and other brand new readers are gonna come along and fall in love, too. *This* is what makes writers like you beyond awesome to me.

Thank you for sharing your insane gifts with us. Can't wait to see what the future brings!!! :D

xoxo

Aunt Jenni said...

As a mom, you know that at some point your babies will leave the nest & live a life of their own. I do believe that the freaky saga will definitely live forever....It is a great collection of awesome stories that I will always cherish. Thank you for sharing them :-)

Crissy said...

I agree with Sarah and AJ.. You are an amazing writer. It takes a lot to get me interested in something I'm reading. It has to grab me from the start. You did just that and I can't stop reading.

I still say that you should get published. I would gladly give you my hubby's money to buy your stories, they are that good and to know, I was one of the privileged few to read it first means soo much. I will be proud to say I knew her when. :D

Post a Comment