Saturday, September 25, 2010

Email that was sent to past and current readers

Hi!
Some of you I haven't contacted in a long time but I know that you were once on a mailing list of mine and have either received and read or just received the story Freaky Temptation.
This is an invitation to win a printed and bound original manuscript of the story. I'm going to go through the whole thing and attempt to clear any and all typos and mistakes before I print it out and bind it.
If you already know about the contest or have signed up, you may want to continue reading anyway just to get more info.
First, I have a story related blog: http://feistytales.blogspot.com. Some of this info is posted on there already. And some of it will be in a minute (going to copy/paste as soon as I'm done writing it.)
Second, Freaky Temptation held the interest of a lot of people. So if you just read that one story, there are two others completed and one other story in the works.
This contest will involve clues from all four parts of the saga so having read up to the current chapter is kind of key in this. There is a board where they are all posted. If you haven't read a story and you want to play with us then email me back and I'll email you a link to the board.
The jist of the contest?
You email me back that you're interested. Closer to 11/1/2010, I will contact you and ask for a mailing address (remember, you're playing to win a printed manuscript so if you won, I'd have to ask for that anyway. Don't worry, I won't stalk you in any other way except through GoogleMaps ;) ). Once you provide your mailing address to me, I will respond with a simple email that contains your alias for the game
Why provide your mailing address, you say? Because! I'm going to send you a card with your alias written on it.
On 11/1/2010, I will email you and provide clues for roughly 30 items. You then go out into the world and if you see said item, you place your card next to the item and snap a picture. Either use a camera phone or digital camera. You will then email that item to me (using the feistytales@gmail.com address).
Scoring is based on points. There may be more points awarded for creativity or accuracy of said item. And depending how hard the item is to find, it may be worth more points than another item.
The contest will run 30 days. So you have until 11/30/2010 to submit your entries. You can either submit as you go (which is easier if you have a camera phone) or you can upload them all at once.
If you are interested in playing to win the printed and bound (in any fashion you want; coil, metal coil, binder, tape, whatever) original manuscript (pre-published edition which means it will contain the guys' real names and fun stuff like that) of Freaky Temptation, then email feistytales@gmail.com
If you email this account with interest, then expect a reply from THAT account.
And.... HI!!!! to those that I haven't talked to in a while. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment