Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Freaky Contest

I put feelers out there on Twitter about a contest to receive a printed and bound (which ever way the winner wishes) copy of Freaky Temptation. It won't be the whole saga but just the first story. It won't be the version I'm submitting to a publisher either. It will be the real deal, the stuff you've read in your emails, the stuff that you've read on the boards. It will have the real names of people and every thing. Nothing will be edited (except a final once over from me to make sure I've cleared out as many typos and errors as possible).

There was a suggestion of a trivia contest. Although, another author has done this before and I don't like to bite off of other people. Though, I don't think the reader that suggested it knew about the other contest.

I was going to make it simple as: Find a wedding dress for K to get married in and write a brief description of why that would be her dress.

I kinda like the trivia contest idea though, even though it's been done (and a nod to that author which I'm not sure I can mention because of certain circumstances but she knows who she is and she rocks it) because, like the reader mentioned, you'd have to read the story to win. You didn't just Goog-it-up and find something pretty. Though, I did say that you would have to give me reasoning behind your choice. But that sounds more like homework than fun. And instead of writing a 100 word essay (because only Joe gives out homework to win prizes), I want to do something fun.

Anyone have any ideas for a contest other than a trivia contest?

I'm excited because I want to see what this thing looks like in a bound format!! LOL :)

There may be more than one winner depending on what contest I choose to hold. Now? Just the time to actually write more... I'd like that. I know! I'll hold a contest and the winner can come out and take my kids from me and give me time to write this darn story! Howsat sound? A trip to California* and a chance to babysit my kids? You just want that, don't you?

I know you do!

So, ideas, people! Please! :)

*You pay for yourself. I'm not buying your airfare. :D

3 comments:

deb's 'verse said...

lol! neat idea. can we submit more than one entry?

stylestar0117 said...

I like the idea. I like the other one too ur kids are cute ;)

macfeisty said...

I don't even know what the contest is going to be, guys! Maybe it's a scavenger hunt! :P BUAHAHA!

YEAH! A picture scavenger hunt!

Post a Comment