Friday, October 1, 2010

!! Feisty's Foto Contest Update !!

*NOTE: All times are Pacific Standard Time! :)

Hi!
First, let me reiterate. You are playing this game for a prize. The prize is a Freaky Temptation (book one of The Freaky Saga) printed and bound manuscript. The manuscript will be bound however the winner likes (eg: tape, coil, metal coil) and will be mailed to them soon after the winner is announced.
The winner will be announced December 13, 2010.
BASIC INFO
On Oct 18th, you will receive an email from feistytales@gmail.com that asks for your HOME address. Since you are playing for a printed and bound copy of the manuscript, if you win, you will need to provide your address anyway. I won't stalk you. I don't really care how you pick your nose on your couch or what you do in your kitchen at 2am.

When you send an email that includes your address, you will (hopefully instantly), receive an email that includes ONLY your alias. It may be one or two words. 3 to 5 days after that, you will receive an index card in the mail from ME! This card must be seen in every photo that you enter! The reason? So you can't steal from someone else or use something you found from the intrawebz.

On Nov 1, 2010 you will receive an email from feistytales@gmail.com containing 30 questions. The answer to those questions are the items that you must photograph, with your index card, and send to me. You need to have read the story to know the answers to these questions.

When sending the picture of the clue item, you must put the answer in the subject line or body of the email. If you got the answer to the question wrong, I'll probably reply with a "WTF is that?". This is why it's better to submit the photos as you go instead of all at once. If you have any re-do's you'll have the time to do it!
SCORING

  • Each clue will be worth a set number of points. If you answer the question and don't send a picture, you will get credit for a correct answer (1 pt for each correct answer)

  • If your photo is correct then you will receive additional points.

  • There will be up to 3 bonus points awarded if I find the photo creative.

  • Additional Photos - If you find something that was used in the story and it is not on the list, send it with a question of your own! If I think it's awesome, you may earn yourself more points!

  • Name brand specific items - Some items that were chosen for the story are of a certain brand. Send what you can of the item and forget the name brand. I understand we have different availability here in Cali and the US than some other states and countries. However, if you DO find the name brand item and you can prove that it is that brand, you will earn additional points.
ALIASES

  • Weekly, I will post scores for those that have submitted photos. I will use your alias. It is up to you to say "WOO HOO, I'm in the lead." But then you're exposed and your alias is busted. This doesn't disqualify you but it calls you out. Sometimes it's fun to have a secret :P

  • If I receive a picture that I think is extra awesome and feel that it deserves exposure, I will post it on the blog. The alias will be shown in the picture, obviously, so if you say "THAT'S MINE!", remember, you just outed yourself.

  • By participating in this contest you give up the right to say, "I took that photo, you can't post it!"
RULEZ!

  • Photos MUST include the index card that I have provided. If you lose your card, contact me ASAP and I'll tell you what to do!

  • Please be honest. No photoshopping, no giving your card to someone else to help you. No funny business!

  • If I post a picture, please no comments that could be misconstrued as negative. And definitely no derogatory comments on purpose!

  • Even though it is a competition, please keep it friendly.

  • No pictures of pictures unless the item is a picture. For instance, I may ask "a picture of the item Joe wore when...". If I'm using, say, a shirt of his then I don't expect you to have said shirt. And If you do, please give me a detailed explanation and account of HOW ON EARTH YOU GOT JOE'S SHIRT!! With pictures, please. And even when taking pictures of pictures, please hold your index card up so it's in the shot too.

  • Use your judgment! Please don't submit useless and unrelated photos just to be funny. I'm doing this for fun so I don't want to take the fun out of it by having to reply, "Look, asshole. Stop being a douche."

  • Please have fun! I'm excited about this and I hope that you guys all participate to the fullest that your schedule allows!!! If you have any questions now or during the game, please contact feistytales@gmail.com.
TIMELINE

  • Oct 14 - To participate, you must email feistytales@gmail.com by this date if you are interested in playing.

  • Oct 18 - An email will be sent out asking for home mailing addresses. You be sent your alias at this time and then snail mailed your index card.

  • Nov 1 - The list of questions/clues will be emailed to you. You can start submitting whenever you wish.

  • Nov 30 - The last minute to email a photo is 11:59pm on November 30th. The contest closes after that. NO EXCEPTIONS.

  • Dec 13 - No latter than December 13th will the winner be announced. It may be sooner if time allows it.
Any questions, please email feistytales :) Remember, you still have two weeks to enter.
MMUAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment